CHOWAN BEACH HOME AUCTION
ESTATE OF THOMAS A. LEMMOND
Ended: 05/22/18 at 7:00 PM EDT
This home is located at 3251 Rocky Hock Road Edenton, NC 27932 in the Chowan Beach community in the Rocky Hock area of Chowan County. Rocky Hock is located 13 miles from Historic Downtown Edenton and offers residents peaceful country living. The Rocky Hock area is famous for it’s sweet tasting watermelons and cantaloupes!
Manufactored in 1983 this double wide home includes 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, living room, kitchen, and utility room. The home also has a front porch and a large covered back deck. The property includes lots 16-20 and lot 9 of Chowan Beach. The extra lots provide the space for a nice buffer between neighbors to offer additional privacy.
Do you need space to parke large vechicles, boats, or need an area to work on cars or equipement? Then you will love the detached two car garage on this property! The two car detached garage also includes an area in the back to park lawnmowers or even have a small office.
This property is listed for $75,000 and pre auction offers will be considered. Online auction starts on May 15th and ends at 7:00 PM on Tuesday May 22nd. A 10% Buyer’s Premium applies on this auction and will be added to the high bid. For example if you are the high bidder at $50,000 than the buyer’s premium of $5,000 will be added to the high bid for a contract purchase price of $55,000.
The starting bid at the online only auction is $20,000. This is an auction for the Estate of Thomas A. Lemmond and any offers are subject to court approval.
All parcels combined have a tax value of $62,270.
Estimated yearly taxes of $495.05.
1. Auctioneers are AGENTS OF THE SELLERS in this transaction and Buyer’s are here by cautioned to thoroughly read the agency disclosure statement located within this “Bidder’s Package.” Buyer will also be required to sign the agency disclosure statement.
2. Property is being offered “as is, where is” with no warranties as to condition or purpose of use.
3. There will be a 10% “Buyer’s Premium” added to the high bid and the total amount of the high bid and the “Buyer’s Premium” will be the contract purchase price.
4. The high bidder will be required to sign the Offer to Purchase and Contract according to these terms and conditions and displayed else where in this “Bidder Package.” In addition, buyer must make an earnest money deposit of TEN PERCENT OF THE CONTRACT PURCHASE PRICE on the day after the auction either by cash or good check. The balance of the purchase price must be paid either in cash or certified funds at the delivery of the deed, which is to be no later than three o’clock P.M. on the 14th day of July 2018.
5. The earnest money deposit is to be made payable to United Country Forbes Realty & Auctions, LLC NON – INTEREST BEARING Trust Account until closing or dispersed as provided by the purchase contract.
6. If Buyer fails to perform as specified in the offer to purchase contract, the earnest money deposit will be forfeited to the SELLER and Auctioneer as liquidated damages. Such forfeiture does not affect any other remedies available to Seller and/or Auctioneer for such breach of contract.
7. Seller will furnish the deed at closing. Buyer will pay all other closing costs, including the Chowan County one percent “Land Transfer Tax.” County and Town Real Estate Taxes will be prorated at closing, with seller paying all prior year taxes and current year taxes from January 1, 2018 through the day of closing.
8. The offer to purchase contract and its terms will prevail as to the terms of the agreement between buyer and seller.
9. The subject real property is sold for cash, not contingent on financing. Buyers should be sure of his/her/their ability to obtain a loan on the property if a loan is necessary for Buyers to complete the purchase. In the event the buyers are unable to obtain a loan and do not close the transaction, Buyers will forfeit any and all earnest money deposits to Sellers and Auctioneer as liquidated damages. Forfeiture of earnest money deposits does not release Buyers from any other legal remedies due Sellers and Auctioneer. Note: Only if the bid is not approved by the court or if seller cannot convey legal title will Earnest Money Be Returned to buyer.
10. This property is available to all qualified buyers, including auctioneer, and/or employees of auctioneer, without regard to their race, sex, religion, national origin, handicap or familial status.
12. No Bidder on the real estate may be declared the high bidder unless he/she is properly registered to bid on the real estate and sign the proper forms for bidder registration.
13. All inspection periods, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, Structural, HVAC, Lead Based Paint and OTHER ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENTS, shall be PRIOR TO THE AUCTION and no inspection conducted after the auction and after the signing of the Purchase Contract shall be grounds for not performing as specified in the purchase contract.
14. This “Bidder’s Package” includes the following disclosures and Buyer acknowledges receiving them prior to being asked to sign an offer to purchase contract.
A. The North Carolina Residential Disclosure Statement.
B. Mineral, and Oil, and Gas Rights Mandatory Disclosure Statement.
C. Home Inspection Report by Elite Home Inspections.
15. Any high bid or offer is subject to Court Approval on this auction.
16. Buyer to allow current owner/representative to have an auction of the personal property ending June 14th. Bidders will allow sellers until Monday June 26th to remove any personal property from the premises.
By bidding at this auction, Buyer acknowledges that he/she has received a copy of these Terms and Conditions and that he/she has had the opportunity to read and understand them and agrees to abide by them at this auction.
Rocky Hock Road.